UK Taxation

If you are a UK expat already resident or thinking of relocating permanently to Portugal, a review your tax affairs is paramount. Although you may have left the UK, you may still have to interact with the HMRC and file Tax Returns. UK expat tax rules are complicated so advice is essential. Some questions that will arise are how are pensions taxed, along with your other income sources. We will address your tax and pension concerns. We also offer tax advice for expats returning to the UK. 

In addition, often after relocating, your tax affairs in the UK may remain ongoing. We can assist with taxation services, tax filing and other tax matters with HMRC on your behalf. We will offer guidance on your Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Dividend Income and more. 

Many expats neglect their financial affairs when they have decided to return home to the UK on a permanent basis. However, it is essential that you ensure that your financial affairs are in order prior to your departure, so that you can avoid unnecessary tax liabilities incurred by the HMRC. We will advise and guide you with this tax planning and any registration that is required with HMRC before your departure to the UK.